AADC 2016

AADC 2016
Our program is located in Lexington, KY.

Friday, July 1, 2011

A Family's Perspective

By: Sarah Burdette Russell

My two oldest children had the privelage of attending an awesome drama camp this week. It was called All Abilities Drama Camp. That is exactly what it is, a drama day camp for school aged kids and adults, and it highlights everyone's uniqueness. It is a wonderful place and when all 4 of my kids are old enough to attend, I hope they let me volunteer. Before they went, I never mentioned to Deuce and Kayla that some of the kids there might be different from them. And my kids never brought it up. In fact, they were in awe of the way some kids communicated and how they got around. Each child got to decide on the first day if they wanted to focus on acting, singing or art. My boy. of course, chose art and to no one's surprise, Kayla chose acting! They got to work on a play that they put on for the parents today. It was awesome! They were all so proud of themselves. Another thing I really liked about this camp was the fact that all the ages were grouped together. I think kids today are separated by age too often. This limits the kinds of relationships they form. My kids loved all the "teenagerey" kids and had a blast!

If you live in the Lexington area, you must consider this camp for your children next summer. To tell you how much fun they had, my son, who is pretty much a homebody, asked me if next year it could be an overnight camp!!

Check out the blog, http://allabilitiescamp.blogspot.com/. Be prepared, you may cry a little! But they are happy tears I assure you!

No comments: